Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Gem Spin.

After a year at school of writing essays about social media, attending lectures presented by the likes of Paul du gay and Stuart Hall, and researching countless information from blogging to client specific topics here at Frozen Fire, it all boiled down to one thing today:

Choreographing a dance.

Yes. That's right, choreopgraphing a dance.

I'm not sure how Ms. Cherrylane, my dance teacher of ten years, would feel if she could have seen me today, sporting moves from The Sprinkler to The Chickenwing in a utility room with my laptop as my only source of self-awareness.

But luckily, Ms. Cherrlane was not there with her ruler or accusing remarks to belittle my gem of a dance:

The Gem Spin.

(yes... Gem as in Meg backwards.)

That is correct, Frozen Fire is launching my career as a hip hop dancer, and Ms. Cherrylane, I will mention you in my 2014 Dance Award speech.

Okay, okay. My skills are really for an explainer video that Frozen Fire is shooting on Thursday (keep your eyes peeled, folks), but little do they know that I am taking this dance with me and hitting the stage!

Okay, enough with my false aspirations of being a famous hip hop dancer. Ms. Cherrylane, if you haven't fallen over in grief, I am just kidding.

I've always heard stories about the crazy happenings that an intern encounters and performs at their internship, but I have to say, I never thought about what mine would be. Not even the infamous skateboarding gang I had to battle against at the Balcom Agency (summer of 2013) could really top the hours of work I put into this masterpiece I created here on N. St. Paul Street today.

So that all happened. ^

Anyway, my last task (the dance actually took most of my day), was to write a few paragraphs on the importance of knowing your customers (as a business) for 45 minutes, with nothing but my own knowledge to supply the information. It was actually really fun -- I ended up writing almost a page and a half without stopping. It allowed me to see how much I know and how quickly I can organize it/pull it from the top of my head.

Of course I need to hear Nikki's feedback, but I feel good about how much I was able to write. Not that I had a doubt, but it showed me how much I have learned here at Frozen Fire these past six weeks (They have gone by so fast!!).

Anyway, it was an eventful and fun day here at Frozen Fire, and Nikki just informed me that I need to wear something for Thursday that will allow me to move around outside without getting too hot... Apparently I'll be in the film too!

*Gulp*.

No comments:

Post a Comment