Thursday, July 3, 2014

Google -

Several posts ago, I stated that Yelp was the most frustrating website when dealing with customer service.

I was wrong.

Google is.

In fact, I now understand why Yelp doesn't even have a help line -- because if it is anything like Google's, they are WASTING their money.

Gone are the days when I look upon Google with reverence and awe (I say as I type on Blogger -- yet ANOTHER website Google has taken over!!). Now I see it as an evil entity trying to take over all of the web!!!

Okay, I'll come down and tell you about my day, unless Google wants to interfere with that as well.
I came into the office and wrote some personal blog posts and did some step by step how-tos about reviewing Frozen Fire on Yelp and Google as Nikki was speaking with Brad about the very frustrating thing that I am writing about. It was peaceful. The hours went by normally, without pain or frustration. They were happy times. 

And then I sat down with Nikki and Pete to figure out this mess.

So basically, to keep it short, Frozen Fire has several Google accounts that they have set up over the years, ie YouTube. Now, we have three accounts with various Google entities we use all representing Frozen Fire but on all these different accounts, which makes us hard to navigate online. Frozen Fire is not to blame -- Google has basically bought all of these companies such as YouTube and made them require Google accounts -- meaning that our YouTube channel from 2006 has no Google account managing it... leaving us with the problem of merging it along with all of these other accounts that are under three different emails. And we want to merge all of our reviews, posts, etc onto ONE page/account. It is more complicated than this but I'm afraid if I try to explain it further my head might explode.

We spent over an hour on the phone with various Google representatives who did not seem to understand what we were asking... let alone Google itself.

You may be asking yourself what I learned from all of this... and it is that doing business is hard. And at school, if I have a problem, I can go to my professor, etc, but this is the real world and you are on your own to figure things out. You can't be lazy... from dealing with something as "simple" as a Google account to rocket science. This is business.

No comments:

Post a Comment